Wednesday, July 1, 2009

My Intention

This is an interesting time in my life.

I have a few goals that seem really important. The goals: to find new employment and become physically healthy.

There has been plenty of internal dialogue that has occurred as I flip flop between pursuing my goals and spending time NOT pursuing my goals (and feeling bad about it). In the past few days, I have realized that this time in my life is an opportunity to really transform.

I am someone who is very idea-oriented and generally operate in the realm of my mind really well. Operating in the realm of action is my big challenge in life.

So, this blog will be about trying to become more balanced between thought and action.

The title of the blog comes from the Souza quote: "Dance as though no one is watching you. Love as though you have never been hurt before. Sing as though no one can hear you. Live as though heaven is on earth." I have always loved this quote and have embraced it in my thoughts and how I interact with people.

The part that's missing for me is about being attentive to my personal interests and goals in a bold, authentic way. This time in my life is about finding the courage to do stuff that's hard for me . I am someone who is fortunate to have many people who love me. I have learned to have a great deal of personal integrity in my interactions with others (most of the time). People describe me as compassionate, wise, loving, and creative. And I am comfortable with those descriptions.

I guess what is happening for me is that I'm feeling a big gap between what I could be and what I currently am...and this blog will be my way of capturing my journey toward being an exuberant example of dancing, loving, singing, and living.

Please feel free to contribute your experiences on the journey.

1 comment:

  1. Since you mention becoming physically healthy, I'll mention www.sparkpeople.com. It's a great motivator & tracker for healthy cooking, eating and living, and it's free. L and I have each lost 20 lbs so far (all based on good old-fashioned healthy eating & exercise), and are feeling great.

    ReplyDelete